Tuesday, April 26, 2011

theft

Someone broke into my studio over the weekend. As far as I can tell, they only took my stereo, DVD player, and my cordless skill-saw (I loved that thing). They dumped my garbage all over the floor and used the bag. The bastards forgot the DVD remote. Don't they know that player is useless without the remote?
Just three days before we move out of that place. I'll be glad to leave.

(image) "Theft", from Speak Italian:The Fine Art of the Gesture by Bruno Munari, 1963 (Chronicle Books, 2005) "First the open hand is held out. Then the fingers, one at a time, beginning with the little finger, are slowly closed, with only the thumb remaining extended. The movement resembles that of the hand on a harp."

6 comments:

Ben said...

oh man, that sucks. sorry to hear that!

Burgin Streetman said...

super ick. I have yet to ever be robbed (knock on wood) except for one time when a guy stole my wallet in chinatown in NYC and I chased him down and got it back.

here's to a happy new place.

Jon Klassen said...

aw man. they couldn't even bring their own bag.

kindra said...

Booo! so sorry about this.

+ isn't that the best freaking book ever?!

greg.org said...

damn.

Coco said...

that's the worst. my old apartment in boston got broken into three times in one month :( love that munari image though!